Naturalist/Pollinator Summer Intern
|Start Date:||June 12, 2018|
|End Date:||August 18, 2018 (exact dates are flexible)|
Tuesday through Saturday, 8:30 – 4:30 and occasional evenings
Housing is provided at the Cable Community Farm, 1 mile from the Museum. The intern must provide his or her own transportation.
The Naturalist/Pollinator Intern will gain valuable hands-on experience working with professional naturalists and botanists at the Cable Natural History Museum and the Cable Community Farm. The intern will further the Museum’s mission to connect people to Northwoods nature through educational experiences that inspire wonder, discovery and responsibility.
- Develop curriculum for and teach Junior Naturalist programs for children in grades K-6.
- Research and become familiar with the ecology of native pollinator gardens.
- Plan and lead a variety of pollinator workshops and garden work days at the Cable Community Farm.
- Interact with Museum visitors as an exhibit docent.
- Assist with special events like fundraisers and the 4th of July parade.
- Write articles for the Museum’s publications.
- Contribute to the Museum’s social media outlets, including Facebook.
- At least 2 years of college completed in natural sciences or environmental education (or equivalent experience)
- Desire to teach and learn about the natural world
- Experience working with children, preferably in an outdoor setting
- Energetic, self-directed, and able to work as part of a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Send a current resume and a cover letter. Include the names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of two references. Return application materials by mail or email by February 28, 2018 to:
Haley Appleman, Naturalist
Cable Natural History Museum
P.O. Box 416
Cable, WI 54821